Since 1993 MTC has helped over 50,000 people achieve their dream of becoming a professional truck driver. For over two decades we’ve helped our students obtain positions with a variety of national carriers.
Our mission is to get you the best possible training which will enable you to obtain a Class A Commercial Driver’s License at the lowest “out of pocket” cost, along with helping you qualify with a quality carrier.
MTC, has a strong belief in excellence in education. Through this belief, an environment of opportunity and challenge has been developed in which each student can reach his/her highest level of achievement. This will be accomplished through the use of practical classroom lectures and hands-on experience. MTC has a desire to enhance the future career opportunities of all its students. Dedication, to the student and the trucking industry, is what makes MTC stand out as a leader in the transportation industry.
Many people need our training in order to get a better paying job. It’s great if you can pay for your training on your own but we understand that most cannot do this. We offer:
- Great partnerships with local employment offices for public funding assistance
- Great partnerships with National Carriers willing to sponsor your training
“One and done. Awesome place to learn everything about driving. Chris and James are great instructors and really break things down so you can understand what you are doing. definitely going to stop by when I’m in town and thank these guys again for everything.”
“Each instructor is well experienced, they will give you the knowledge you need to pass your test. They will also share personal insight from their own experiences in the industry. Overall a great school! Ran by a great team of people! I would definitely recommend this place. I have nothing but good things to say about it and great memories to take down the road”
Frequently Asked Questions
What you should bring
- Current Driver License
Must have at least 6 months before expiration before enrolling in
- If license expires earlier than 6 months prior to enrollment, students will need to renew their license at their local secretary of state office
Must match students current address of residence
- If license does not match the students current address, students will need to renew their license to reflect their current address at their local secretary of state office
- Social Security Card
Federally issued, blue paper (cannot be laminated or photo copied)
- Proof of legal presence
U.S. Birth Certificate: must be certified, with the official raised seal,
and in good condition
Non-U.S. citizens must bring their Permanent Residence Card (I don’t have
a Residence Card?)
- Proof of Residence
(Utility bill, lease, voter registration card, bank statement, auto insurance card, w-2, 1099 transcript). Must include first and last name of applicant and complete current address
- Proof of Legal Name Change
Required documents will vary case by case but typically: birth certificate, marriage certificate, divorce decree or other court documents showing a legal name change
- Voided check or deposit slip
(For Payroll Direct Deposit set-up with your sponsoring carrier)
- Money for Expenses:
CDL permit & License: $50.00
Personal items (Soda, chips, candy, etc…)
- Additional Optional, but Helpful Items:
Pens, pencils, notebooks, and a calculator (optional but helpful)
Work gloves, work boots, or other sturdy shoes (tennis shoes are acceptable)
Comfortable but professional work clothing
Rain gear & other weather gear depending on the season
- Non-perishable food items to keep your living expenses down
Is Housing Available?
- AFFORDABLE housing options are available for students who need it.
Can I drive my personal vehicle in?
- Local students are allowed to drive, if living within 50 miles. Students staying in housing are not allowed to drive in.
Have questions? Need details? Let us call you about getting started now.