DRC Symbol

For more than 20 years DRC’s network schools have been a trusted source for the highest quality CDL training for veterans. Through our seven VA Approved schools, veterans can use their Post 9/11 GI Bill® or other veteran’s educational benefits to pay for part or all of CDL training. DRC’s military enrollment specialist will help you with the entire application process.  The military has given you the tools to succeed as well as the experience trucking employers are looking for..

Military Veteran students

Use Your Military Benefits

We work with several veteran’s programs including:

Chapter 33 – Post 9/11 GI Bill®
Chapter 30 – Montgomery GI Bill® (MGIB)
Chapter 35 – Survivors and Dependents Educational Assistance Program (DEA)
Chapter 1606 – Selected Reserve (MGIB-SR)
Chapter 31 – VR & E (veterans readiness and employment)

Frequently asked questions

Is it possible to get Free CDL Training for Veterans?

Yes, there are several Veterans Affairs programs that can help pay for part of all of your CDL Training. This includes the Post-9/11 GI Bill®.  Any military veteran who served for at least 90 days after September 10, 2001, and received an honorable discharge, is eligible for education and training opportunities through the Post-9/11 GI Bill®.  You may also qualify for other VA programs that may also pay for CDL training. You can learn more about VA education benefits and eligibility at

How do I apply for G.I. Bill® benefits?

Once you determined you are eligible to use your G.I. Bill® benefits, fill out a VA Form 22-1990, Application for VA Education Benefits.  You can pick up the form at your local VA office or download it from their website. To complete the form, you’ll need the following:

  • Social security number
  • Bank account direct deposit information,
  • Education and military history
  • Basic information about the school or training facility you want to attend or are attending now

How long does the application process take?

It typically takes 30 days for an application to be reviewed and approved by the VA, but this timeline can vary dramatically depending on your situation.

What happens after my G.I Bill® benefits are approved?

Once your application is approved, you will receive a Certificate of Eligibility (COE), or award letter. Send the COE to the VA certifying official, such as the DRC VA enrollment specialist. They will then review your application and get you enrolled for an upcoming class.

Are there other programs I can benefit from as a veteran?

We proudly work with of the best trucking companies for veterans. Many are members of the Military Apprenticeship Program®. With this program, you may be eligible to earn a monthly educational benefit check along with your weekly salary from your new job. For some veterans, this could be as much as $1,400 additional each month.

Do DRC’s truck driving schools accept the GI Bill®?

Yes, the DRC partners with schools that are VA-approved.  Our Career Specialists can help find a school close to you to match your needs.


* GIBill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).  More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at

Apply Now

Truck Driver Training Classroom

We are proud to be the top choice in CDL training for veterans for more than 20 years! As a military veteran looking to get a CDL and start a civilian career as a truck driver, you want a school that meets the highest standards. Training standards are important to trucking companies and are an important factor for veterans to consider.

Our Programs Are:

  • VA approved
  • FMCSA approved and listed on the Training Provider Registry
  • Highly rated by graduates, trucking companies, and the industry
  • Designed to meet or exceed the highest industry standards veterans expect and deserve


Let’s Talk.

Get started by filling out a form below and a career specialist will be in touch soon.