Premier CDL Training is a female-owned and operated, hands-on truck driving school located in Granite City, Illinois. With small class sizes focused on more instruction and specialized attention, we pride ourselves on quality training that exceeds industry standards.
Our mission is to be the best source of well-trained, new drivers for the Class A truck community in the state of Illinois. We will accomplish this by training student drivers who are proficient in all Entry Level Driving Training skills and knowledge areas. Our graduates know how to be safe, courteous, and professional drivers capable of earning among the best wages the trucking industry has to offer.
Premier CDL has been training Class A drivers since 2009 and has graduated over 9,000 new drivers since then. Our instructor group averages 15 years of Class A driving experience. Our dedicated support staff will help to get you enrolled in our training program and will support your success through graduation and beyond.
Many people need our training in order to get a better paying job. It’s great if you can pay for your training on your own but we understand that most cannot do this. We offer:
- Great partnerships with local employment offices for public funding assistance
- Great partnerships with National Carriers willing to sponsor your training
“Went to get my CDL here in January. I am now enjoying my new job thanks to the great staff and instructors here at Premier. They gave me the skills necessary to gain my CDL and land a new job.”
“Really great place to get your CDL. Wonderful people in the office and the instructors.”
Frequently Asked Questions
What you should bring
- Current Driver License
Must have at least 6 months before expiration before enrolling in
- If license expires earlier than 6 months prior to enrollment, students will need to renew their license at their local secretary of state office
Must match students current address of residence
- If license does not match the students current address, students will need to renew their license to reflect their current address at their local secretary of state office
- Social Security Card
Federally issued, blue paper (cannot be laminated or photo copied)
- Proof of legal presence
U.S. Birth Certificate: must be certified, with the official raised seal,
and in good condition
Non-U.S. citizens must bring their Permanent Residence Card (I don’t have
a Residence Card?)
- Proof of Residence
(Utility bill, lease, voter registration card, bank statement, auto insurance card, w-2, 1099 transcript). Must include first and last name of applicant and complete current address
- Proof of Legal Name Change
Required documents will vary case by case but typically: birth certificate, marriage certificate, divorce decree or other court documents showing a legal name change
- Voided check or deposit slip
(For Payroll Direct Deposit set-up with your sponsoring carrier)
- Money for Expenses:
CDL permit & License: $50.00
Personal items (Soda, chips, candy, etc…)
- Additional Optional, but Helpful Items:
Pens, pencils, notebooks, and a calculator (optional but helpful)
Work gloves, work boots, or other sturdy shoes (tennis shoes are acceptable)
Comfortable but professional work clothing
Rain gear & other weather gear depending on the season
- Non-perishable food items to keep your living expenses down
Is Housing Available?
- AFFORDABLE housing options are available for students who need it.
Can I drive my personal vehicle in?
- Local students are allowed to drive, if living within 50 miles. Students staying in housing are not allowed to drive in.
Have questions? Need details? Let us call you about getting started now.