The ACE Driving Academy began in 2018 with a staff of over 20 years of truck driving and training experience. We believe training is the first step to a career as a Professional Truck Driver. The over-the-road instruction will be taught in well-maintained equipment; similar to equipment used daily in the trucking industry. Equipment utilized in training includes conventional style diesel powered tractors, with forty-eight to fifty-three-foot-long box-trailers.
Industry Leading Training School
The trucking industry depends on ACE to provide high quality, well trained, and road ready drivers after each graduation. ACE has built a strong partnership with many of the best trucking companies, and that puts our students in the best position to succeed with many of America’s largest trucking companies.
Many people need our training in order to get a better paying job. It’s great if you can pay for your training on your own but we understand that most cannot do this. We offer:
- Great partnerships with local employment offices for public funding assistance
- Great partnerships with National Carriers willing to sponsor your training
“I recommend ACE to anyone that wants to change their career. I’ve been a welder for four years and I chose to become a truck driver for U.S. Xpress, the best company in the nation and Ace Driving Academy is teaching me everything I need to know to become the best truck driver I can be. They have the best instructors you can ever wish for they will make sure you succeed!”
“All the instructors and admin go out of their way to help you the absolute best that they can. Was hired 2 days after getting my license and started training the day after hire. Will always be happy to give super kudos to the team.”
Frequently Asked Questions
What you should bring
- Current Driver License
Must have at least 6 months before expiration before enrolling in
- If license expires earlier than 6 months prior to enrollment, students will need to renew their license at their local secretary of state office
Must match students current address of residence
- If license does not match the students current address, students will need to renew their license to reflect their current address at their local secretary of state office
- Social Security Card
Federally issued, blue paper (cannot be laminated or photo copied)
- Proof of legal presence
U.S. Birth Certificate: must be certified, with the official raised seal,
and in good condition
Non-U.S. citizens must bring their Permanent Residence Card (I don’t have
a Residence Card?)
- Proof of Residence
(Utility bill, lease, voter registration card, bank statement, auto insurance card, w-2, 1099 transcript). Must include first and last name of applicant and complete current address
- Proof of Legal Name Change
Required documents will vary case by case but typically: birth certificate, marriage certificate, divorce decree or other court documents showing a legal name change
- Voided check or deposit slip
(For Payroll Direct Deposit set-up with your sponsoring carrier)
- Money for Expenses:
CDL permit & License: $50.00
Personal items (Soda, chips, candy, etc…)
- Additional Optional, but Helpful Items:
Pens, pencils, notebooks, and a calculator (optional but helpful)
Work gloves, work boots, or other sturdy shoes (tennis shoes are acceptable)
Comfortable but professional work clothing
Rain gear & other weather gear depending on the season
- Non-perishable food items to keep your living expenses down
Is Housing Available?
- Hotel – provided to students living outside of 50 miles, while in school.
Can I drive my personal vehicle in?
- Local students are allowed to drive, if living within 50 miles. Students staying in housing are not allowed to drive in.
Have questions? Need details? Let us call you about getting started now.