Now is an excellent time to start a new career as a professional truck driver. Eligible Kentucky residents can utilize the Farmworkers Grant to pay for CDL training.
There are many ways to pay for CDL training, including grants. In this blog post we will highlight an excellent opportunity for farmworkers and their families living in Kentucky. This is just one example of grant opportunities available. Each state offers grant opportunities in numerous industries. Contact a career specialists at 800-391-2754 to see what you may qualify for in your state.
The Kentucky Farmworkers Program provides grant opportunities for farmworkers and their families to receive career training to secure a more stable job opportunity outside of farming. Farmwork is essential, but can be very variable based on the season. If you or a family member has verifiable income from farming in the last two years, you may be eligible for a grant to attend CDL School.
The following requirements must be met to be considered eligible for services through the Kentucky Farmworkers Program.
- You must be a United States citizen or legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- Employed in an agricultural job recognized by the U.S. Department of Labor within the past 24 months
- More than 50% of your total income for the past 12 months or any consecutive 12-month period out of the past 24 months must be earned from farm work.
- Have earned less than the poverty guideline amount based on size of family.
- Must not have violated Section 3 of the Military Selective Service act by knowingly and willfully failing to register for the Selective Service registration. (if applicable)
- (Dependents and spouses of eligible farm workers are also eligible)
With the help of the Kentucky Farmworker Grant, we can provide you with the training needed to transition into a strong, stable career as a professional truck driver. A leading employer of Americans, transportation employs one in thirteen people. Our Kentucky schools are currently enrolling for upcoming classes. You can get your CDL in as little as four weeks, split into two weeks of online training and two weeks of in-person hands-on training. The average salary of our graduates is $65,000 per year. Our job doesn’t stop with CDL Training. We work to secure you multiple job offers, so you can get right to work.
To see if you are eligible for a KFP grant or other grants/financial assistance, fill out a contact form below.