Now that you are scheduled for class, it’s time to think about your first day of class! Below is a helpful list of what to bring to CDL school.
What Documentation do I Need for CDl School?
Before your first day, ensure you have all the necessary documentation in order. This will help you navigate through any administrative requirements smoothly. Make sure to bring:
- Valid driver’s license
- Social Security card
- Birth certificate or passport
- Proof of residency
- High school diploma or GED
- DOT Medical Card if you have it
- Voided check
- Cash for expenses
What Clothing to Wear to CDL School?
Brining a mix of comfortable and practical clothing that will allow you to focus on your training without distractions. Keep in mind that the majority of your CDL training will involve hands-on driving practice outdoors. We recommend wearing the following:
- Weather-appropriate clothing: Layered clothing for varying weather conditions, including rain gear and warm coats in winter.
- Closed-toe, non-slip shoes: Sturdy footwear with good traction for safety during driving practice. No flip flops or sandals. Tennis shoes are fine.
- Work gloves: Protect your hands during hands-on activities such as coupling and uncoupling trailers.
- Comfortable clothing: Opt for clothes that allow you to move freely and comfortably, such as jeans or work pants and t-shirts.
Other Useful Items to Bring to CDL School?
In addition to documentation and clothing, there are several other items that can enhance your CDL training experience:
- Notepad and pens: Take notes during classroom sessions and jot down important information.
- Calculator: The calculator on your phone will work fine.
- Water bottle and snacks: Stay hydrated and energized throughout the training day.
- Sunglasses and sunscreen: Protect yourself from the sun during outdoor training sessions.
- Backpack or tote bag: Carry your essentials conveniently during training days.
- Smartphone and charger: Stay connected and have access to training materials or resources.