Congratulations! You are now ready to come on site to Ace Driving Academy: Greer,SC.
Please make sure you bring your driver’s license, cdl permit, and medical card each day to class. Other documents you will need are your social security card, and your high school diploma or GED if you have it.
Training begins at 7:00am. You will meet with an instructor when you arrive and they will take your temperature, issue you a safety vest, go through some safety information and conduct an agility test. They will show you around the facility and make you familiar with the day-to-day schedule of training and let you know what you need to do daily. Training should last 3-4 weeks depending on your ability and cdl testing availability. We look forward to having you on campus!
If you live beyond the 50-mile radius, hotel arrangements will be available to you on Sunday prior to your start date. All hotel arrangements are based on double occupancy unless you are otherwise told. This means you will have a roommate. If you are arriving by bus, you can call the hotel for a shuttle.
What to Bring to Training
Now that you are scheduled for class, it’s time to think about your first day of class! Below is a helpful list of what to bring to CDL school.
Before your first day, ensure you have all the necessary documentation in order. This will help you navigate through any administrative requirements smoothly. Make sure to bring:
- Valid driver’s license
- Social Security card
- Birth certificate or passport with raised seal
- Proof of residency
- High school diploma or GED
- DOT Medical Card if you have it
- CDL Permit if you have it
- Voided check
- Cash for expenses
- Permit and Licensing Fees:
– Permit Fee: $23.00
– CDL License Fee: $40.00
Brining a mix of comfortable and practical clothing that will allow you to focus on your training without distractions. Keep in mind that the majority of your CDL training will involve hands-on driving practice outdoors. We recommend wearing the following:
- Weather-appropriate clothing: Layered clothing for varying weather conditions, including rain gear and warm coats in winter.
- Closed-toe, non-slip shoes: Sturdy footwear with good traction for safety during driving practice. No flip flops or sandals. Tennis shoes are fine.
- Work gloves: Protect your hands during hands-on activities such as coupling and uncoupling trailers.
- Comfortable clothing: Opt for clothes that allow you to move freely and comfortably, such as jeans or work pants and t-shirts.
Other Useful Items:
In addition to documentation and clothing, there are several other items that can enhance your CDL training experience:
- Notepad and pens: Take notes during classroom sessions and jot down important information.
- Calculator: The calculator on your phone will work fine.
- Water bottle and snacks: Stay hydrated and energized throughout the training day.
- Sunglasses and sunscreen: Protect yourself from the sun during outdoor training sessions.
- Backpack or tote bag: Carry your essentials conveniently during training days.