To assist recent truck school graduates with their tuition costs, Schneider offers a robust tuition reimbursement program. This program is intended to help new drivers cover the cost of getting their Class A CDL.
What is Schneider’s tuition reimbursement program?
Schneider’s tuition reimbursement program is designed to help new drivers offset the cost of tuition paid to complete training at a truck driving school to obtain a Class A CDL.
Through the program, drivers can get reimbursed for up to $7,000 of their tuition payment (not including extra costs such as drug screens, lodging, meals or textbooks).
How does the tuition reimbursement program work?
The tuition reimbursement is paid out in monthly installments of:
- $200 per solo driver.
- $400 per team driver.
Installments are paid to either:
- The driver.
- The truck driving school.
- Or their lender.
It depends on how tuition was initially paid for.
If you took out a loan to attend truck school, tuition reimbursement will likely cover your monthly payments while you get settled in at the company. Then, once you get more experience and start earning more, you’ll be able to pay off your loan quicker.
When is tuition reimbursement paid out?
When a Schneider driver can expect to see their tuition reimbursement come through depends on how they originally financed their tuition:
- If the driver receives the reimbursement directly, the payments will be included on their third paycheck of each month, following their first 30 days of employment at Schneider.
- If the driver took out a loan to pay for truck driving school, the lender will be reimbursed on behalf of the driver on the 15th of each month, following the driver’s first 30 days of employment at Schneider.
Who is eligible for tuition reimbursement?
To receive tuition reimbursement from Schneider, drivers must:
- Have graduated from a truck driving school or completed a CDL refresher course in the last 12 months.
- Possess a Class A CDL.
- Be actively working as a full-time Schneider driver at the time of payout.
- Be able to provide a receipt or loan agreement as proof of payment.
- Be able to provide a copy of an enrollment agreement or invoice from truck driving school, stating the cost of the program.
Other common questions about the tuition reimbursement program
If I received tuition reimbursement from a different company, can I still get reimbursed by Schneider?
Yes, as long as you are still hired within 12 months of completing truck driving school or a CDL refresher course. The amount you were already paid by the other company will be deducted from Schneider’s reimbursement amount.
Can I get reimbursed for truck driving school AND a CDL refresher course?
No. Even if you completed both in the last 12 months, you may only pick one to be reimbursed for.
Can I get reimbursed if I don’t have proof of payment?
No. Proof of payment is required to be reimbursed by Schneider.